Provide fire protection & emergency response services to the communities of Alleghany, Forest City and Pike City.
Your Fire Department could use some help! There are many ways to get involved.
- Become a volunteer fire fighter! Training Provided. Both the Pike and Alleghany Volunteer Fire Departments train on Monday evenings. Alleghany meets at Station 2 in the County Yard at 6pm and Pike meets at the Pike City Firehouse at 7pm. To become a volunteer, show up at your firehouse on Monday eve. email: email@example.com for more info.
- Dispatchers are also needed and this can be done from home. Contact Downieville Fire District if you are interested 289-3333.
- Donations to the AVFD Auxiliary, PCVFD Auxiliary AND Pliocene Ridge CSD are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Mailing addresses are listed on the contact page. Please consider making a donation today!
- Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) are needed.
- Our ability to transport patients is at risk due to a shortage of EMTs .
- Downieville Fire provides the ambulance that is housed in Alleghany but it cannot roll without an EMT on board.
- There are other volunteer opportunities that do not require being a first-responder.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION: email firstname.lastname@example.org