Pliocene Ridge CSD provides fire protection and emergency services to the communities of Alleghany, Forest City and Pike City and serves as a streetlight district for Alleghany and Forest City.
Your Fire Department could use some help! There are many ways to get involved.
- Currently there is one vacant seat on the Pliocene Ridge CSD Board of Directors. Please consider joining our board. More information is posted on the Board page.
- Become a volunteer fire fighter! Training Provided. Alleghany meets every Monday evening at 6pm usually at Station 2. Pike City meets every Thursday at the Pike City Firehouse at 6pm.
- Dispatchers are also needed and this can be done from home. Contact Downieville FPD if you are interested 289-3333.
- Donations to Alleghany VFD, Pike City VFD AND Pliocene Ridge CSD are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Mailing addresses are listed on the contact page. Please consider making a donation today!
- Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) are needed.
- Our ability to transport patients is at risk due to a shortage of EMTs .
- Downieville Fire provides the ambulance that is housed in Alleghany but it cannot roll without an EMT on board.