Local Road Closures as of 4/9/2019 Mountain House Road (Forest City to Goodyear's Bar) is closed due to slides, fallen trees and snow. Pliocene Ridge Rd/Henness Pass is closed due to snow. Kanaka Creek Road to the Plumbago Mine is closed due to snow. Footes Crossing is closed between the Kenton Mine and Magnus Orchard Road due to a slide (to be confirmed on 4/11) Hell's Half Acre road is closed due to snow. Oregon Creek Road is closed as is Miller Ranch Road.
FIRST NET BROADBAND will be coming to our area within the next couple of years. While it is primarily for first responders it will be accessible for public use as well (first responders have highest priority). See FAQ below.
Installed near the new water storage tank on Dec. 4, 2018. This hydrant expands the reach of Alleghany's hydrant system by approximately 500 feet. The hydrant system is owned and operated by the Alleghany Water District alleghanywater.org
Air Ambulance Coverage for Pliocene Ridge CSD
- For all life-threatening emergencies, (weather permitting) the fire department will request an air ambulance (helicopter).
- Most air ambulance services offer memberships which will greatly reduce (and often eliminate) an othewise expensive bill. Group memberships are less expensive than non-group memberships.
- Residents of Pliocene Ridge CSD are encouraged to join both Enloe Careflight and Airmed.
- Membership in Enloe and Airmed will cover all helicopters that respond to our area.
- The Enloe group name for Alleghany and Forest City residents is Alleghany Care Flight
- The Enloe group name for Pike residents is Pike City Volunteer Fire Dept.
- The Airmed group name for the entire Pliocene Ridge area is Pliocene Ridge CSD
- Applications are available in the boxes at the Alleghany Post Office and Pike City Firehouse and are linked below.